The kitchen drawers are his favorite play things. He loves to get things out of them, and then put things back in. I put a bunch of kitchen utensils and weird objects in there for him to discover each day. When I unload the dishwasher, he likes to put the items from the drawer into it so they can get clean.
If something is questionable... he'll just try it out to be sure it's still good. (I can't turn my head for a second these days!!!)
I have no idea how he got this white chocolate unwrapped, but it sure was yummy!
Saturday, I was cooking in the kitchen and he was following me around like usual. I know that I closed the fridge door, but he must have caught it and opened it back up. I turned around and found him like this.... (have you noticed his sweet innocent grin when I catch him doing something naughty?)
Today, I ran a load of laundry back to the bedroom quick and came back out to this.... then spent his naptime cleaning up the powered sugar dust that covered my kitchen! (notice the new big-boy haircut?)
I think we're going to invest in some cupboard locks very soon! But, I really do love that he likes exploring. In the spirit of boyhood and fun, I even let him play in the powdered sugar for awhile after I discovered him today. (He was already a mess anyway!!) I'm learning to laugh at these funny mischevious moments... and then steer him to some more appropriate fun! You've gotta love this little man.
I leave you with a tribute to cold and flu season....
4 comments:
Very cute---I remember how you helped your mom with her wallpaper. hahahaha! love you sandi
I love the bugger bubbles on the video, the icing on the cake is that they (the bubbles) don't bother him one bit. He's oblivous to what he's doing.
Just as a warning, the exploration phase doesn't end. It's so good you have a positive attitude about it, try and keep that at much as you can because they are going to keep exploring and testing their limits no matter how you respond.
I know I go in phases of how I react (from being mad to finding it cute) and either way, they love exploring and being mischevious.
I'll have to show some pictures of Wendell and his stunts too... like that he used to just sit in the refriderator like it was just another seat in the house or he'd pull out the bottom drawer and sit in it after pulling out the plastic lids.
Thanks for sharing.. these are some of the greatest moments of being a mommy to a toddler. Hope you continue to enjoy.
TOO many things I love about this post! The snotty bubbles is obviously great. Especially the little giggle at the end :)
you captured some amazing pics. i love the action shots of him getting into things! i also love the smiles he has while he is doing it.
and the snot bubble video, yep, that is enough said about cold and flu season. gotta love it.... :)
Post a Comment