Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Christmas cookies
Boaz loves to be in the kitchen with me any chance he can get. If I even get a bowl out on the counter, he runs to the dining room table to grab the big chair and push it to the counter. "Cookin! Cookin!" So, I decided that we'd do a little bit of Christmas cookin' for the neighbors this year. Boaz helped put these cookies in a container with daddy.
Then he helped put the snowman cookies on the pan. (Yes, I cheated and bought my sugar cookie dough and these cute ones with snowmen designs)
I wanted to see if Boaz could help frost cookies, so I gave him his own supplies. Of course the first thing he did before I could explain anything was take a giant bite out of the cookie! Here he is making a go of frosting...
And frosting didn't last long... it quickly turned into eating!
Lately he likes his hands to be clean while he's eating and often requests a washcloth.
And now, we've created a cookie monster. We really don't ever have cookies in the house- and now that he figured out that we do, he constantly requests cookies.... for breakfast, for dinner, and every hour inbetween! So far we've gotten away with eating one a day.
It was pretty nice on Saturday, so we made up some plates and Boaz helped me deliver them to the neighbors. Boaz greeted each neighbor by yelling "Merry Kisses!" as we handed them the goodies. He was sad that we were giving the cookies away, but we had a good talk about sharing and being nice to our friends- then he was excited to share. It was a fun way to spend a morning- we love Cookin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jaden likes clean hands when he eats now, too! We're constantly having to either wipe his hands for him or give him a napkin to do it himself during meal times. So fun these two are so close in age so we can compare stories :)
ahhhh! our little cookie monsters! if there are any type of sweets out in our house she wants them! i love your pics of him helping. so cute! merry christmas you guys!
Post a Comment