Sunday, October 31, 2010

cousin lester

9/4- Today was football watching day.  Go Panthers & Hawkeyes!!  The boys joined Luke for some of the game.

 

 9/5- It's a sick day at our house today.   How can you tell??  See below....
 Still happy... even with all that snot!  :)
 Boaz was a little under the weather, too.   A perfect day for 'movie time' during Cainan's morning nap. 
 9/6 - I found out today that Luke is quite the chalk artist!  I came home to find this family portrait on the driveway.   Below is Justin & cousin Lester. 
 Here is Ron & Carol. 
 And here is me??
 And a better view of cousin Lester...
Lester was in town for a few days this week.  He is Luke's cousin from Oklahoma.   He brings the bus up to Iowa every couple of years for a vacation.   He is mentally challenged, but a super nice guy.  He also has a disease that makes him grow and grow.  He's currently 7 feet tall, I think.   He stays in a hotel while he's in town and just enjoys walking around looking at stores.   We did several things with him during the week- meals at Ron & Carol's, met him for breakfast, took him out to his favorite restaurant (KFC) for lunch, and helped him get to the bus stop.    Boaz got such a kick out of Lester.   My favorite memory of the week... I picked up Lester and took him with me to get Boaz from preschool.   We picked up Boaz and he had lots to share about his day.  He was in the backseat saying, "Hey, Lester!  Hey, Lester!  Hey, Hey, Lester!!"  He wouldn't stop until Lester would respond... and Lester has a slooooow response time.   I finally told Lester he was going to have to say 'what' or something so Boaz would go on with his story.  It was hilarious.   Boaz could tell stories to Lester all day.   Picture Boaz sitting next to a guy whose shoes are as big as his lower half...  wish I would have gotten some pictures of the two of them!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY SNOT! No need for the aspirator :) :)