Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Boaz's Big Day

Sunday, July 27



What did you say? Today's going to be a big day for me?







I got to try some rice cereal for the first time. I'm not quite sure about it. After a few bites, I got used to swallowing it. I'll need some more practice though.






Mom fed me too slow. I decided to take over. I decided it was pretty fun to blow bubbles and spit my rice cereal all over innocent bystanders.




I got to visit my Great Grandpa Cal after lunch. This was the first time we'd met. He liked holding me... I'm his first great-grandchild.






This is our 4 generations picture... Grandpa Cal, Grandma Carol, Daddy, and me!







On Monday I got to try my big boy chair. I really liked it. I tip over sometimes, but for the most part sit up really well.

Lately my laugh sounds less and less like a baby... and more like a little boy. I'm getting a few tickle spots. I love to talk- especially when I think nobody is listening. I think I have the talking thing wrong though... I'm making noise as I inhale. I squeak as I breathe in, but it makes me cough. I need to practice talking as I exhale. I have perfected the fake cough. It gets mommy's attention sometimes, but she calls me a faker and I laugh.



I'm working on getting some teeth. I like to rub my gums with my hand and I've been a little fussy. The past week it's been really hard to fall asleep for my afternoon naps. My legs don't stop moving either, so they make me roll over a lot. Instead of napping, I either roll or cry. It's driving mommy bonkers and I think it's funny! I smile at her really big when she comes in to turn me over on my tummy again. She tries to be serious when she sneaks into the room, but I always make her laugh and smile.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Rice cereal?? I can't believe Josie will be doing that soon. He looks great. F.Y.I...Nate and I both say "hayrack ride". So who wins??

Anonymous said...

Boaz is getting so big! what cute pictures!! Love the first one of him in the bathtub :)Jess

joelnjen said...

wow...i can't believe how fast Boaz is growing up!!! makes me want to just appreciate every day cause they change SO fast!!! he's quite the handsome little guy! :)

ps...thanks for the tip on the scissors... i'll try that. i'm still so scared to cut her nails. my least favorite job, for sure!

love, jen