
We are having a lot of fun so far this summer. It's going by so fast! Here are a few snapshots of what we've been up to lately...
A few nights ago our friend, Meg, came over to hang out and helped me make supper for Katie and a neighbor. We decided to have some messy fun with oatmeal to see what Boaz would think. He liked playing in it for awhile with his hands. Then we tried playing in it with his feet... he got really scared and screamed. Thus the end of oatmeal fun.

This past weekend, I turned 30 years old! Yes- you read that correctly. I'm old. It was a good birthday. I woke up to a birthday message written on our bathroom mirror, Boaz & I got to do some shopping and errands, then Grandma & Grandpa Glace came over and babysat while Luke and I went out for dinner and a movie. Grandma sent me on a scavenger hunt for my b'day present... a gift card to use on something just for me! I can't wait to go shopping.

We have so many cousins on the Glace side now! Emily, Hannah, Ellie, and Zach came over to play for awhile one afternoon. Zach is a month younger than Boaz, but I think has already passed him up in size. These little guys will have fun wrestling soon.

And here's our brand new cousin, Brenna!! She was two weeks old in this picture. This is all of us at the Bartlett Open golf tournament on the 4th of July... it was a beautiful day. Luke has been running the Bartlett Open golf tournament for 11 years. He sets up pin events, and gives out a bunch of prizes. There's even a traveling green jacket that's awarded to the winner!! We look forward to this event every year, as friends and family gather to golf and have a picnic afterward. Aunt Linda and all our friends bring in amazing food and make this a fun outing.

Here is Luke during the awards presentation. Our cousin Ben (last year's winner) is awarding the green jacket to our friend Cam. After golf, a bunch of us ended up at Luke's parents home. His aunt and uncle from South Dakota brought some fireworks across the border with them. Luke and Justin put on quite a show for us all!! I'd have to say that our display rivaled Cedar Falls!! We laughed really hard all night at the embers and ashes falling all over us. Ron & Carol gave me my b'day present that night... Carol refinished a rocking chair that belonged to luke's great-grandma. We'll enjoy many nights of rocking in it before bed.

Tonight we decided to take Boaz for a little swim. We went to a hotel just down the road from us in hopes that we'd have the pool to ourselves. We pretty much did! Boaz liked the water. He was a kicking machine. He wasn't as animated as he typically is- he was focused and determined. We're getting him prepared for hours of pool fun on our Ozarks vacation in August!

Swimming wore Boaz out. He fell asleep before we were out of the parking lot of the hotel... and we couldn't wake him up when we got home 2 minutes later! It was a fun evening. I'm hoping Boaz loves water and chlorine as much as I do. If so... I forsee many afternoons of pool fun ahead!!
4 comments:
Fun pictures! I love him in his little swim trunks! =) Aunt Katie
Becky- I didn't realize it was your THIRTIETH!!! You should have had an obnoxious birthday cake and even funnier birthday card at the Bartlett Open!!! You stinker for slipping that by me! I thought we were the same age... I am 29 this summer. I hate that I missed the chance to make a big deal of your 30th birthday :( I'm so glad it was a great day!!! Happy 30th my friend!!! Jess
Love the pics. Looks like you guys have had some summer fun. I'm a bit jealous that you get to see my bro/sis-in-law/nephew/neice so often, I must confess. ;) How fun!
how cute are the swimming pics!! i have a great floatie you can borrow if you want when you go to the ozarks. it is a big turtle and addelyn LOVED it in florida. see you soon...........:)
Post a Comment