Sunday, May 16, 2010

Making Baby Food

5/5 - It's official... Cainan is eating baby food! We started him on rice cereal about a week before his 6 month mark. Boaz recently helped me make a batch of fruit & veggies for him to get started on. We made apples, pears, carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. So far, Cainan loves every single one of them! Boaz really really wanted to eat all the apples, so he had one he munched on while we cooked. I loved how his apple looked like swiss cheese as the morning wore on. Cainan woke up from his nap and joined in on the cooking fun. He enjoyed watching the action and also enjoyed his first experience with his fruit net. I stuck a piece of banana inside and he was busy eating on that for probably an hour!! Can you see the happy messy banana face??
Boaz hasn't been too keen on noises lately, but if I let him help me turn on the noise, he seems a bit more calm about it. He actually enjoyed using the food processor this time around!A few months ago, I was getting the big mixer out of the closet to do some baking. I made some comment like "Man, this thing is a monster!" Of course meaning that it was really heavy. However, Boaz now thinks that the mixer is indeed called a monster. It's pretty hilarious. Everytime I say that it's time to use the mixer he says "No, it's a monster!" See video below....

A few other phrases that are hilarious lately... (say these in your head in the funny Boaz voice!)


Oooooh, Riiight!! (He says this when I tell him the name of something, or explain a new fact- like he knew that already!)


I love _____ (fill in the blank with anything!) Lately, he's been telling me that he loves things. And it will be the funniest little things that he thinks he loves. Tonight (5/17) when I was singing him his bedtime songs, I asked him what song he wanted and he made up a strange word. He often does this and I have to make up a song about the item or weird word he chooses. (I'm pretty good at this!) Tonight's word was something like 'Tohk." It reminded me of a call that the lead drummer would call out when I took an African drumming class at UNI. So I sang out the call "Tohk Deng Di Deng Tohk. Deh Di Deh Gah Gi Deh Gee. Crack! Crack! Gah Gi Deh Gee. Deh Deh Deh. Gah Gi Deh Gee Deh GA!" I finished singing the call and he looked at me and said, "I Loooove that song, Mommy!!!" We sang it 4 more times before I tucked him in! :)

No comments: