Saturday, May 4, 2013

a week in March

 3/18- My sweet helpers...
Cainan sure loves his baby sister.  He takes such good care of her.
She's still excited about sitting at the big kid table!!


Being silly...
Luke bought me a new clothes drying rack... hooray!  This old wooden one has been broken for years and I'd about had it.  Before it went in the trash, it became a toy for the day.  Here the boys we setting up their ladder...   :)
 3/19- Katie's kids came to spend the day with us today!  We got out the pipe cleaners again and had some fun.
Quite the crew.
 3/20- Today I worked and worked to fold the girls' laundry.  Myka LOVES to help with laundry.  This mostly consists of her grabbing piles and running off to 'put them away.'  Today she helped me while I wasn't looking.  All of her clothes ended up in the boys' dirty laundry basket.  I'm laughing about this now.  At the time, it wasn't quite so funny.
The four kids... in their 'houses'... reading books.   Each of them had a fold in the fence to live in.  They even scooted kezia in so she could play.
I accidentally spilled some puffs today when I was sitting Kezia down.  The kids pounced on them like a pack of wolves.  It was like I never feed them or something.
Who needs a dog??  (we do miss Ozzie, though)
 3/21- I took all of the kids with me to Aldi today.  This doesn't happen often, but today it did.  Myka grabbed her purse and was ready to go.  (Thanks, Grandma!)  I gave the kids each a coin and told them if they were good helpers they could buy a candy at the checkout.  We made it through the store without a disaster!!  Getting to the car with a full cart and 4 kids was a comedy act, but we made it!!
While I made lunch, the kids sorted their coins.  Notice that Myka's piggybank is split in two.  Boaz's is also.  They like to carry these around and they don't hold up well when dropped apparently.


I had quite a bit to do during rest time today, so I was looking for some ways for the boys to help, but not be in the way.  I put Cainan to work washing dishes.... which mostly means playing in the sink.  :)
And I told Boaz that I really needed this bag of plastic Easter eggs matched up and put back together.  They were both eager helpers.

 3/22- Watching a video on Dad's phone.  The boys often ask him to play songs for them... they love his old 80's favorites.

Kezia enjoys sitting in high chair during snack time.



No comments: