Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ozarks Vacation- day 1

8/14- Vacation has begun!!  We drove down to Osage Beach yesterday- but I definitely don't consider that drive a vacation day!  We left home about 9:00 after I fed Myka, but let the boys crawl in the van without sandals on.  We got on the highway and realized we hadn't grabbed their sandals!  So we took the next exit and went back home to get those, then decided we might as well fill up the gas tank while we were off schedule anyway.  So, we ended up leaving town about 9:40.  Our DVD player started smelling hot and quit working about 1 1/2 hours into the 6 hour trip...  boooo.  I hate being dependent on those things, but they sure do help!  Cainan was soooo tired and just could not fall asleep.  He cried and cried, then finally fell asleep 20 minutes before we got to our condo.  It was a looooong day!    Luke's goal is always to average 60mph including stops and we made it even with the three kids!  We checked in, got settled a bit, then went out to get some groceries for the week.  We all slept really well that night!

Sunday morning it was pool time!  In years past, we've gone to a church down here, but with little kids it's just easier not to.  Gma & Gpa went to Osage Hill Church and ended up seeing 3 different couples we know from home!!  What a small world!

One of the best things about this pool is the kiddie area!  It's so nice for the boys to be able to stand up and splash around. 
Cainan could stand  up on his own this year and was super excited!
Soaking up the sun... (just enough to get a picture of her cute swimming suit!)
Waaaaah. 
This is how Myka spent her pool days. 
She'd snuggle up in this raft and float herself to sleep. 
Boaz made some friends quickly.  It's so fun to see the same people year after year.  We brought Cainan as a baby last year and surprised people when we showed up with a 3rd child this year!  This family is one that we always enjoy seeing.  Grandma Barb is in the corner, granddaughter Riley, and grandson Aiden.  Aunt Erin is a friend of mine on facebook even!   Boaz enjoyed Riley a lot and she played so well with him.  He was sad when she had to leave early to go back to school. 
Myka was done with her swimming time and wanted to be out of the water sleeping.  The Grandpa of this family always sits over at the table in the shade for the week and offered to hold her for a bit while I got things situated for Myka. 
And then he told me that he would love to hold her as long as I needed.  His wife told me he was a 'baby guy' and loved cuddling the little ones.  So, Jim ended up rocking her to sleep and held her for over an hour!!  Thanks, Jim!   :)    (He joked that his belly was made for this!)
Grandma & Grandpa Bartlett met us at the pool after they were back from church.  Grandma always makes up silly pool games that make Cainan laugh.  I just love his giggle!!

While I was getting lunch ready for everyone, Gma entertained the boys with these bugs I'd bought at the Dollar Store.  I always come prepared with some new toys to keep them entertained in the condo and in case of rain.  These didn't work the best, but keep them occupied some!

1 comment:

Heather said...

i want those bugs! They made me laugh too... but mostly because I love how your kids jump around! ( :