1/26- This afternoon, Dad and the kids delivered Boaz's birthday invitations to the neighbors. Myka was so happy to tag along.
1/27- When I printed out the invitations, I had one extra and thought to put it in an envelope with Cainan's name on it. Luke snuck it into the mailbox and Cainan received some mail today. It was the best afterthought I've ever had. Cainan was so so excited that he got invited to the party. I'm still smiling as I write this. He already knew he was going to the party, but to receive an invite was something special. He showed Myka.
Look, Myka! I get to go to the party!! " I get invited to Boaz party!!"
He seriously carried this invite around for three days. Man, I love this kid.
1/28- Today we got out the cardboard house for some winter fun. Myka had never really played in it before and was super excited.
This year the boys were old enough to enjoy coloring the house. What fun to turn our cardboard into a colorful masterpiece!!
Myka got angry about something while coloring and I sent her to timeout. This is her sassy-pants face. (yes, she gets in trouble for sassing me)
This afternoon Boaz decided we should throw a party for Dad when he got home from work. The boys picked out some 'nice clothes' for the party. The picked out a pretty sweater and sparkly shoes for Myka.
Then they made a trail of burp cloths as a sidewalk/red carpet.
They prepared treats for the party.
And Boaz made a sign. He decided the party should be for Dad because he works so hard for us. And he asked me how to spell "Good Job" so he could put it on a big sign for his Dad. Sweet, huh?
Telling Dad about the big surprise.
Enjoying snacks together at the party. Lukes face in this one kills me... smirking and trying not to laugh. The boys were pumped about the snack tables.
My kind-hearted boys.
I'm realizing that every picture of Kezia looks the same... one big happy smile.
More coloring on the house with Dad tonight. We sure do have a great daddy- he does work hard and we are thankful for him!!
1 comment:
becky, you do such fun creative things with your kids. i love it! we tried the waxed paper ice skating- a hit! and i love the "good job Dad!" party:)
Post a Comment