Wednesday, October 1, 2008

new hat...

It's been awhile since I posted! Last week I finally started to feel like I'm a stay-at-home mom! I'm absolutely loving it. It's been beautiful here, so Boaz and I have been taking long walks, playing outside a lot, and taking in every last moment of nice weather... we all know that Iowa winter is around the corner!

A couple weekends ago, 3 friends and I went to Des Moines for a 'girls day.' We went to Jordan Creek, ate dinner, and had a great time hanging out together.

While the girls were out shopping, the husbands had the kids all day! Luke did awesome with Boaz... they watched lots of football together. I did great with my budget and limited myself to 2 purchases from Plato's Closet (a thrift store). This new hat was my one 'splurge' of the day... although 1/2 was funded by a friend's gift card she needed to use up. (thanks, kris!) Boaz actually loves to wear it. I think he knows he looks really cool!! :)




This past Saturday, we went to Eldora and spent the day with Grandma & Grandpa Glace. We had to get a photo shoot on mom's porch. He did this pose all by himself... doesn't he look deep in thought? I think he looks more and more like his daddy every day. They are two peas in a pod. Boaz even sticks his tounge out when he's focusing. (luke does that when he signs his name on stuff!!)

Boaz is not quite crawling, but so close! He has developed a little scoot that I need to try to get video of soon.





On Sunday, the Mulligan twins paid us a visit. Boaz, Grady, & Ella had fun rolling around and watching Ozzie for entertainment.

One BIG milestone for Boaz... he stayed in the nursery at church for the entire hour on Sunday!! We were so proud of him. They flash your kid's number up on the big screens during the service if you have to go get them. For the past 2 months, it was inevitable that 5-10 minutes into the service our number would pop up and we would take the walk of shame out of the community center to get our screaming child. Hopefully those days are over. :)

Boaz LOVES his baby food. He likes anything we feed him. He's like a little bird... opens up really wide between each bite. It makes me laugh every time.

He has been fighting his bottle lately. He refuses to drink from it and would rather have the real thing. We're trying to get him to use it, so Sunday Luke and I both had bottles of milk with our lunches to 'model' it for him!! (the silly things parents will do!) He did actually put his in his mouth and chewed on it, but no drinking. We wondered if the bottle hurt his gums with this new tooth he's working on, so I did an experiment... I put a little juice in a bottle. And he drank it!! What a stinker. Some friends have given me recommendations, so we'll keep trying different approaches. I'll let you know when he takes one again!

4 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

i love hearing about your stay at home mommy days! sounds like so much fun. I keep asking Travis, and I keep getting... "someday" :)

The Farwells said...

So styling! Love that little grin! =) Katie

Tyelene Shilton said...

Wow you are still breasfeeding! That is awesome! I tried, but never had a good supply or it, so ended up quiting after 2 1/2 weeks! I ate so much peanut butter when I was pregnant with Kadri that I am wondering if I will ever want to eat it again! I am so glad you are enjoying being a SAHM! Cute pictures and I lOVE the hat! He looks very grown up ;)

Kris Hoskinson said...

just so you know, i'm am dying laughing picturing you and luke drinking your milk from bottles. oh it is too funny.
and the hat is so stinking cute. :)