7/6- Cainan has a new fascination with sliding these stools around and squeezing himself into weird places. He feels a great sense of accomplishment when he can wiggle between these, our armchair & cupboard, or through the dining room chairs. He turns our house into an obstacle course every day.
What is Luke doing down in our window well??
Rescuing bunnies! Three baby bunnies had fallen down in and Luke got them out. One of them hopped away immediately, while the other two sat in the grass for a long time. We weren't sure if they were going to make it. I went in and put water and some of Cainan's baby food on a tray for them. (I was pretty sure they'd like to nibble on some mashed up squash, right?) I tip-toed right up to them and set the tray down while they watched me motionless. They were looking right at me and I just wanted to get the tray a couple inches closer. As I slid it forward a bit more, one of the rabbits got scared and hopped right back into the well for Luke to rescue again. :( My idea didn't work so well after all.
When Luke came home from softball that night, one of the babies sat frozen in front of our garage door, and the mom bunny was at the side of the house looking for her babies! We chased the little one in that direction hoping they would unite again. Two of the bunnies survived... the third wasn't so lucky. Luke had to put on gardening gloves and throw it over our ditch in back the next morning. Boaz saw him out the window and asked, "What's daddy doing? Picking weeds?" I didn't have the heart to tell him that the thing dangling from his glove was a baby bunny, so I replied "Yep... daddy's picking weeds!!" I laugh now at how I can root for these little bunnies to make it, and then when we actually get landscaping in our yard I'll probably consider them a nuisance!
No comments:
Post a Comment