Thursday, January 13, 2011

Texas Roadhouse

1/11/11-  Luke's parents invited us out for dinner at Texas Roadhouse tonight.  We were happy to join them!!  Luke met us there after working in Cedar Rapids, so I drove the boys on my own.  On the way to the restaurant, I had a really funny conversation with Boaz that went something like this....

Boaz- I used to live in that red house right there when I was in college. 
Me- You did?  What house?
B- That red house right there.  I lived there when I was in college and I was workin'. 
M- What was your job?
B- Selling things.
M- What did you sell?
B- Oh, toys and bikes.... and soldiers.

Then- once at the restaurant, I was recapping the story of Boaz's college days for Luke's parents and they dug some more info out of him.  He did tell them about his job when he was in college- he enjoyed selling those things.  Then Grandpa told him he should work at the Roadhouse and he continued on...

Grandpa- You should work here at the Roadhouse.
Boaz- I just did a long time ago.  Yeah, but I don't anymore.  I just got distracted. 
Us- You were what?
B- Yeah, I got distracted by my dog.  My dog, Ozzie, was here once. 

By this time, Carol and I were in tears.  Did he seriously say he was distracted?  I'm laughing so hard I'm crying even writing this post.... I love the conversations we have with this little guy!!

1/12/11- Two Boaz highlights today involve talking, as well...  he sat at the breakfast table for a little over an hour (until we had to leave for learn & play) talking to TC and TK.  He shared his bagel and banana with them and they shared stories about life.   TC and TK went to preschool with him, too.  Then at naptime, he spent the entire hour and a half talking on a fake phone to people!!  90 minutes of nonstop talking!!  People have told us to get prepared for our girl to have more words than our boys- somehow I don't think that can happen.   :)

3 comments:

Kris Hoskinson said...

hahaha i love it!!!

Erika said...

Those are hilarious stories! I love those moments.

Heather said...

That's so AWESOME! haha