Saturday, September 1, 2012

Muppet Movie Party!

8/25-  Grandma & Grandpa Glace came over today for awhile.  The boys enjoyed a story with Grandma.  Myka enjoyed crawling around all over them while they tried to listen.  She is getting brave and wild.  She's fast and loves to climb. 
8/27-  We got a sweet family gift from our neighbors when Kezia was born.  They included The Muppet Movie in the package.  Boaz thinks that all our grandparents need to see it, so he decided to have a party.  Grandpa & Grandma Bartlett were able to come to our impromptu  party tonight.  (Gma & Gpa Glace... we'll plan a party with you soon!)   I decided to get creative with the kids today and we made some party things.  I took them to Hobby Lobby AND Hyvee this morning to get our supplies.  Whew!
Can you guess which Muppet character this is going to be?  (made with twinkies, marshmallows, carrot shavings, vanilla wafer, and fruit rollups.)
It's BEAKER!!   This is Boaz's first attempt.
Here's Cainan's...
Cainan kept asking if he could eat the hair.  He won't eat carrots at any meal, but wanted to eat the hair this afternoon.  I let him eat it up!!
Boaz styling the hair.
"This one not sticking. Can I eat this hair?"
Our party snacks...   :)   (yes, I found this idea online)
Then we made party favors.  (this idea was actually my very own!)  We got some big red pom-poms at Hobby Lobby and cut/glued features on.... can you guess which Muppet this will be??
ANIMAL!!  Everyone at the party got an Animal to play with. 
Our friend made us a spaghetti casserole the we cooked tonight. Myka was a fan.  So was I!
Then the Muppet Movie started.  Grandpa brought caramel corn and they all snuggled up to watch the show.  
I got to snuggle with Myka.  She ate Kix. And this is what she did the entire movie... she loves music and she loves the Muppets! 


1 comment:

Kris Hoskinson said...

becky, you amaze me!!!!