The big kids painted... Kezia ate a waffle. :)
This is what Darin's face looks like most of the time he's here. He gets a kick out of our kids. It's been fun to have him in our home.
Darin usually ends up hanging out here for quite awhile on Monday mornings. I think he likes us. :) Today he got out his phone and showed Boaz some of his artwork he's done.
Somehow we started playing restaurant at lunchtime and Cainan decided he was going to make us some applesauce for the restaurant. This apparently required getting up on a step stool to pick apples off a tree. Mostly he just wanted to climb something, I think.
After the picked the apples, he threw them at me in the kitchen.
2/25- Boaz describes his latest invention...
The boys build a contraption to catch bad guys... and Myka just says 'cheese.'
It's been a long winter... I let the girls bounce on the couch today.
The boys' trap/invention got pretty elaborate. The guy went through the sawmill and down the slide like you saw in the earlier video. Then the train starts and pushes the big boulders around the curve where the bad guys are standing and the boulders roll over them. Makes me smile.
2/26- This afternoon Grandpa Bartlett is coming over to help Boaz build the monster truck they gave him for his birthday. Boaz spent some time painting all the pieces this morning so they're ready to build.
Grandpa came and the boys headed down and got to work using Boaz's new tools. They came back up for a minute to add another coat of paint to the body. That will dry overnight and Grandpa will swing back by tomorrow to help put the decals on.
These kids have some special relationships with their grandparents. I love that so so much.
Kezia makes me smile.
It's just so fun to make Mom's organized stuff messy. If it keeps her entertained while I'm making dinner, I'll let it happen!
Tonight Dad was gone at a meeting with Grandpa Glace. Cainan was being silly in his pajamas and let me take a picture to show Dad. He reminded me of Steve Urkel. Remember that show?
Goofy boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment