Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Funnies...

6/21- No pictures to post tonight... will get back at that soon.  Just wanted to jot down a couple of funny things that have happened lately. 

-  A few days ago, Boaz told me that we needed to have a garden with lots of flowers.  I didn't inherit the gardening gene like my mom & sisters.  It's all I can do to take care of 2 pots for the summer.  I told Boaz that gardens take lots and lots of hard work and that if he wanted to take care of it, he could have one someday.  He got all excited and matter-of-factly said, "Yes- and it will take rain, and singing songs, and love."  I laughed and told him that if that's what a garden took, I'd have one!! 

- Yesterday we were playing outside and Boaz was racing up and down the sidewalk with a neighbor girl.  He tripped and fell- and got his first bloody knee of the summer.  I so wish I had a video of this, but my little over-reactor spent the next 10 minutes shaking his hands in the air, crying, and yelling... "This is really really bad!  This is sure a bad one!  This is bad!!"   Oh my... our neighbor and I were trying so hard not to crack up at him!!  He fell again tonight and added another bloody spot to the same knee.  Tonight he spent the evening crying, "I don't want any more skin off!"  It's been pretty traumatic around here. 

-  Yesterday was an eventful day from the start.  Cainan & Boaz came in to wake me up at 6:25.  I got up and before I even made it out to the living room with Myka, I heard a big crash.  They had somehow managed to shatter one of the glass doors on our TV stand all over the living room.  They pounded down and ton of food for breakfast, Cainan took a good fall on the sidewalk, they were in multiple fights, and Cainan was super cranky all day.   Finally took him into the convenient care clinic at 6pm and confirmed that he has another ear infection.  Sad that he has an ear infection, but glad to have some meds and hopeful that it will solve some of his sadness that we've been plagued with lately.   Whew!  We were all ready for bed last night!!  It really wasn't a horrible day, but one of those days you're glad is over!

-  I've written before about Boaz's past lives... when he was in college, when he was an old man, etc.  Lately he's been going to work quite a bit (but had a couple days off last week).   He's also had several meetings with two girls in purple dresses.  Mostly their meetings are at Orchard Hill Church.  Not sure what they meet about, but it's serious business. 

I have such fun little kiddos!  Though the days can be long and hard occasionally, I sure do feel blessed to be able to spend this time with them- and to hear & witness all their antics!!   :)

4 comments:

Leah said...

I so enjoyed this post.

Tyelene Shilton said...

Wow...Boaz sure does remind of me of Kadrianna! She is a talker nonstop (it's exhausting some days) and over reacts with an injury as well (even very very minor ones). She LOVES planting flowers and watering them too and talks about how she has to go to work as well (but Graham tends to get in the way of this play time so she doesn't usually get her "work" done)! haha Man our kids are alike!

Kris Hoskinson said...

haha love boaz and his ideas!

Heather said...

Boaz makes my day.