Monday, June 6, 2011

It's June!

I can't believe I'm actually caught up on this blog!!  Call it nesting, I suppose.   I have a weird thing about posting things in chronological order, so wanted to be caught up before this baby girl arrives soon.  (at least we hope she comes soon!)  I want to be able to post pictures of her right away!   Both boys were born 2 1/2 weeks early.  This girl is on the same growth track as them, so that puts her arrival at June 5??   As I write this post, it's June 5... and still no baby girl.  I have another appointment on Wednesday and am eager to see what they say!  Come on, baby!!  We're ready to meet you!

6/1-  After baths tonight, the boys enjoyed watching daddy mow.  They really really wanted to be out there with him, but mommy said 'no.'    Bummer, Mommy!
 Boaz just got out this pair of Superman pajamas for the first time tonight.  He's so excited about them!
 Superman!!

 6/2-  We took a trip to Walmart today... and yes, Boaz went dressed like this.  He insisted on keeping his cape on today, and then picked out some Superman shorts to go with it.  Then he topped it off with his blue boots.  Amazing.  It was seriously one of the best times I've ever had in Walmart... the little old ladies were swooning!   :)  Although anytime someone said hello to Superman, he insisted that he was Rover the dog instead.   He confused many many people today. 
 This afternoon Boaz built us a bridge- complete with a handrail and enough room for mommy to get through.  Ha! 


 After  you cross the bridge, you have to come back on the path beside it.  There are many rules and procedures to follow when we play games with Boaz!   :)
 6/4-  Today is a day I've been eagerly awaiting... Luke started installing our window well fences!!  We've talked about doing this for a couple of years and now that we have two toddlers running around outside, we decided to get serious about it!  We ordered our fencing back in April, hoping to get it done a long time ago, but ran into some snags with Menards getting it in.   They just delivered it yesterday, so Luke & his dad got to work tonight!    We enjoyed a picnic snack while they started the big job.


 It was HOT out today, so the boys didn't last long outside.  They continued their coaching from inside the house...
 They almost got one side of the house finished tonight.   These projects always take so much longer than you think they will!!  But the fence looks amazing and I'm going to be really thankful to not have to be worried everytime the boys want to go from the front yard to the back!!   Thanks for all your hard work, Daddy & Grandpa!!
 6/5-  We attempted to head to an outdoor concert this afternoon.  The temperature gauge on my car read 91 degrees on the way there.  We lasted about as long as the snacks and juice did.  Daddy was hot, Cainan was frying up, and Boaz thought the music was too loud.   He kept asking me if there was a volume!  I told him I didn't have one, but he should talk to Justin (who was running sound!).  
 Boaz is typically a music lover... but today the heat trumped the fun. 
 Cainan overheats as easily as daddy... so with no shade at this park, he wasn't his usual dancing-machine self.   But hey, we gave it a whirl!!  We came home after about 50 minutes, had some supper, and got the boys all cooled down in the bath/shower.   Then we enjoyed a nice evening inside our lovely air-conditioned home!     (Cainan enjoying the cheese portion of his crackers & cheese...)

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Yay for being all caught up! You're amazing!