6/9- It's Thursday... we're on day #3 in the hospital. Got up this morning and decided we'd had enough of the hospital garb on Myka. Time for a cute sleeper and hat!! Peaceful little Myka...
Not so peaceful Myka...We had a lot of fun visitors today! We kicked off the morning with our friends Ellen & Natalie. Here's Ellen giving Myka a snuggle...
and Natalie's turn!
Then my mom brought the boys over for another visit! Boaz walked in the door first carrying this beautiful boquet of flowers. I almost cried. He looked so grown up... and for a split second, I imagined him dating a woman someday and bringing flowers to the door (hopefully when he's about 20). Cainan wanted a turn holding the flowers, too...
Myka picked out a present for her brothers. They were pretty excited she gave them a bubble toy, some playdough, and some chocolate candy! Boaz said, "Thank you, Baby Girl!!"
Mom & the boys put together these cute packages of M&M's to give to our visitors. Boaz was excited about this job.
My friend, Allison, stopped by this morning also. I didn't get a picture of the beautiful gerber daisies she brought us. Boaz was excited to share the M&M packages with her!Playdough time for the boys, paperwork time for dad. That's always his job at the hospital-- filling out the piles of papers!
Flowers and bear from Mom (and the boys)
Allison got in on one of the many many checks they had to do on Myka. They ended up using a vacuume on her during delivery and there's some new protocol within the last couple weeks that they then have to do a battery of assessments every 4 hours during her entire stay at the hospital- even if the stats never change. The nurses and I agreed that the precaution is nice, but super excessive after the same results every single time... seems like Myka was ALWAYS getting assessed while we were there!
My sister, Emily, and her kids stopped by after lunch. Here are our cousins Hannah, Ellie, & Zach.
Sister Emily. (with Luke looking super excited in the background! This hospital stay can get a bit boring for husbands, I think!!)
Ellie
Hannah
Then our friend, Leah, stopped by to meet Myka...
And her mom & sister came, too! Here's Jane & Hannah....
Hannah
'Miss Jane'
And then we crashed... time for naps!!
Still hanging out on that comfy couch...
Beautiful roses sent from Luke's boss & sons. Most of you know that my husband is not a real romantic guy. I laughed so hard when these were delivered and he asked what kind of flowers they were!! Does that tell you how much I get flowers from him?? :) I just asked him if I could write about that on the blog and he said, "I did think there was a good chance they were roses, by the way! That or fat tulips!" HA!
Flowers from the boys (and mom)
6/10- Our final day here! I think green may be a good color on her...
I forget how huge a pacifier looks on the face of a newborn!
Our friend, Teresa, just happened to be in town for the day and was able to sneak over and see us before we left the hospital. So great to see her again!!
After her visit, we loaded Myka up and they wheeled me out of the hospital in style. Gotta love those wheelchair rides to the car! My camera battery died, so we didn't get a picture of Myka all packed up and ready to go. Our arrival home in the post to follow...
6 comments:
Becky, I love all your pictures of Myka! She is beautiful! I agree you just look at a little girl a little different! Hope you guys are all doing well at home and adjusting to a family of 5!
She is so precious Becky! Congratulations again! She is beautiful! She looks like you too ;)
So sad we don't live by each other anymore, our kids would have SO much fun together!
So fun to see pics of everyone...she is just beautiful....can't wait to meet little MM in person!! Hope your first days of switching from man to man to a zone defense are going well! :)
AAAAAAH! CONGRATULATIONS you guys!!! Myka is just BEAUTIFUL (I think she looks so much like the boys! in a girlie way, of course. :) and I am so excited for this new perfect addition to your family! Enjoy these days!!!
I love all your pictures of Myka! She is so adorable! I love the M&M idea too-so cute :)
No idea why my comment was anonymous! -christy manfull :)
Post a Comment