Thursday, May 24, 2012

parties

5/5-  My little helper.  I remember Cainan at this stage, making a beeline for the dishwasher every time it was open.  Now Myka does the same thing!
Today she found a timer and was shaking it.  Her finger was making it beep as she shook.  It was making her laugh super hard.  Didn't capture the big giggles, but here's a quick video of her...

It's Cinco de Mayo!  We had a backyard grillout with several of our neighbors.  We just love all the great families close by... looking forward to our kids growing up together.  Shawn & Crystal thought it'd be fun to have a pinata at the party and the kids LOVED it!  Here's Cainan taking a crack at it...

And here goes Boaz....   After several rounds of the kids trying with no success, we decided it was the dads' turn.  The kids roared with laughter and were cheering their dads on.  So so fun!

5/6-  "I don't need a nap, Mom!  I'm not tired!!"
The neighbor guys came over for a game of 2-on-2 tonight.  They were so hilarious. We had our kids in bed, so I sat outside and ate some dinner during their antics.  All the high fives, trash talk, and laughter was so great.  Have I mentioned before that we love our neighbors?!  :)
At one point, the song "Danger Zone" came on the speakers and they all got super pumped.  Made me laugh really hard.   (and then I sent a text to all the neighbor wives about what studs our husbands were!) 
Good game,  good game.
So... I thought the boys were sound asleep in their beds, but they definitely weren't.  We embraced the moment and let them come outside to enjoy the beautiful evening.  We had an impromptu dance party instead of going to bed!!
Do these look like boys who are supposed to be asleep??  It definitely was not happening anytime soon, so away they go working on sweet dance moves...

Some more cool moves... Luke had a Pandora channel on that was playing really great 80's songs! Apparently this song made them want to shake their buns... 

Glad we embraced the moment tonight.  Luke and I enjoyed some fresh air and laughed hard at how great and funny our boys are.  Someday I'll want moments like these back!! 

No comments: