Friday, January 8, 2010

Cainan is back!

We experienced our first illness with Cainan. The week of Christmas, he caught a cold- probably from Boaz who caught his in the nursery! :) Then 12/31 I noticed he had a fever. Took his temp and it was 100.2. 1/1 it was up to 102.4. Called ask-a-nurse, and after being on hold for 20 minutes, they told me I could wait one more day to see if he still had a fever before taking him anywhere. Well... Cainan just wasn't Cainan. I honestly didn't see him smile once in three days. And he spent most of the day whining and wanting to be held. So when day three of the fever arrived, I knew we had to take him in. Poor little guy had an ear infection and is on antibiotics. Here's a picture of the first good smiles we got once he started feeling better... now THAT'S the Cainan we know!!!
Boaz & Cainan continue to be good buddies. Boaz asks if he can "have him" most every day. He loves to hold Cainan in the big chair. I have to watch closely, because when Boaz is done being the loving older brother, he says "all done" and pushes Cainan away!!

Here they are hanging out on the play mat. Cainan has been holding his head up for weeks... he has a super strong neck, just like Boaz did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two handsome boys...lucky girl...of course your mom had three beautiful daughters...I love you all...sam

Anonymous said...

Glad Cainan is feeling better...I loved the Soorrrry story...told it to gg'ma and she just laughed.. Jan shared the voice mail about the snowman hope you got pictures....love you all...sam

Kris Hoskinson said...

glad he is feeling better! he is growing SO MUCH!