Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Soooorry!

Tonight Boaz was naughty. We read books at bedtime like usual, then prayed and gave thanks for our day- including waffles, gpa, cheese, and Cainan. Then things got a little chaotic as I tried to distract him while I cleaned up yet another Ozzie puke spot in the corner of his room. (brought on by popcorn he must have mooched off someone during our bowl party last night- Go Hawkeyes!) So- the routine was messed up and Boaz got a bit hyper. But he still knows that he need to stay in bed once tucked in.

He got up and came to the door 3 times... each time opening it up, smiling at me, and saying 'Hiii!' He's so stinking cute- even when he's being defiant. We typically pick him up without saying a word and put him right back into bed. It usually does the trick right away. (and he doesn't often get out of bed once he's in there for the night) The 4th time he came to the door tonight, I told him that he knows he's supposed to stay in bed- and if he is naughty and gets out of bed again, he would get a spank on the bottom. Well... who comes to the door again in 2 minutes? Boaz- "Hiii!"

I looked him in the eye and told him I was going to have to spank his bottom b/c he was being naughty and not obeying his mommy. Then one little swat to the upper thigh later and he was bawling bawling bawling. I kissed him, hugged him, told him I loved him, and once again told him to stay in bed and keep his head on the pillow.

Cainan had been screaming quite loudly for awhile and I finally got him calmed down in my lap on the chair when I heard Boaz's door rattle again. Since I was tied down with Cainan, this time it was Luke's turn to deliver a swat and return him to bed. Once again, Boaz was in bed bawling. About a minute after Luke returned to the living room, we heard Boaz yelling something....

"Sooooorrrry!! I sorrrrrry! Sooooorrry, Daddy! Mommy, Sorrrry!!!" He sorried himself to sleep tonight.

What a sweet, sweet, precious little boy. It was funny to hear him connect the word 'sorry' with his disobedience tonight. I've made him apologize to me for being naughty other times, but didn't ask for an apology tonight. You're forgiven, Little Buddy... and I'll be up bright and early in the morning to give you a big giant hug. Love you, Boaz!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, the heart strings that get stretched during these moments... precious boy!!

Kris Hoskinson said...

awww little buddy. so hard to not go back in there!!!

Jan said...

Beautifully written, Becky You are doing a good job with your precious little boys.