11/9- This morning we woke up to our first snow of the season! As much as I hate winter, I do like the excitement of the first time you wake up to a white ground. I realized today that this was Cainan's first real experience with snow!! He was soooo excited!
He ran to every window to see if the snow was still there.
Then he yelled, "Outside!" He grabbed his stocking cap and was ready to go!! At each window, he would list the things he saw that had snow on them.... pumpkins! Rocks! Tree! Sand!
Look! Chad house!
He got a chair and pulled it up to the window so he could sit and take it all in. He just couldn't wait for Boaz to wake up so he could tell him all about it!
As soon as Boaz walked out to the living room, Cainan took him on the tour of windows!
Boaz decided he'd like to eat his breakfast by the window.
I'd planned to take them outside after naps while Myka was still sleeping, but soon realized that the snow may not be around that long! (Now that's my kind of snow!!) So we bundled Myka up, put her in my bjorn, and out we went! Cainan loved his first steps in the fluffy white stuff! He liked making tracks.
They had fun stomping around for awhile.
Scooping...
Time to help dad with the shoveling!
When Cainan does a job, he gets the job done! He 'shoveled' our entire sidewalk. Boaz and I started rolling snowballs to make a snowman!
Our snowman was pretty small and pathetic. I can't believe I didn't even take a picture of the final product!
We're putting this kid to work this winter... he's for hire!
Boaz asked.... "Mom, can I lay in this?"
We wandered to the backyard, where the boys had fun going down the hill. The older the boys get, the more in love with our yard I am. We didn't think we'd like the hill in the back, but I'm becoming a fan!
Heading up the hill...
My tired boy. I took Myka inside and was going to start some lunch while the boys played in the back for a few more minutes. I ended up doing a quick photoshoot of Myka in her cute warm gear!
She sat up...
smiled....
And over she went!!
As I started pulling lunch together, I heard Cainan start crying in the backyard. Boaz had come up to the door and was done playing, so I figured Cainan was just mad Boaz was coming in. (He was still down the hill) I yelled for Cainan to come on up, too... and he just stood there crying. I coaxed and coaxed... then realized his boot and sock had fallen off!!!! Poor guy was standing frozen in the snow and didn't know what to do. :( We warmed up with some cocoa and a sandwich. Aside from the boot incident, it was a fun first snow for us all!
2 comments:
I'm with you - as much as I dislike the cold it brings, I love the first snow! Your crew is ADORABLE in their snow gear, and I love the wonder in their eyes. No snow here yet, so I'll just live vicariously through you! ( :
so cute, love myka's warm outfit. and love the buddy pictures. they are going to have so much fun together as they grow up!
Post a Comment