Sunday, June 27, 2010

artsy stuff

6/15- A bit about me today!! (you're probably all sad it's not about the boys) My friend, Natalie, opened up a new bakery in downtown Cedar Falls!! She asked me if I would do all her chalkboards for her and I was VERY excited to help with it. I haven't done an 'artsy' project for awhile. I had a blast creating these for her. If you get the chance go visit Scratch! Her giant cookies and smoothies are the best! Here are a few samples of my work... Okay- so I really couldn't do a whole post about me. I'll throw in some funny stuff about Boaz. He & Cainan spent the morning at Grandma & Grandpa Bartlett's house so I could work on my project. When I got back to their place, he had some more concerts for me! Their fireplace mantle made the perfect stage! He'd never really lip-synced for me before. It reminded me so much of my sisters and I growing up. We spent HOURS working on songs to lip-sync. And my parents alway watched them and acted like we were the coolest kids in the world!! (Thanks, mom & dad!) It's so fun to be on the other side of the lip-sync concerts now!

This one reminds me a bit of Mary Poppins?!?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Scratch bakery and thought that artwork looked familar! Nice work!

Heather said...

You did amazing work, Becky. I always wondered if every restaurant owner just naturally had good handwriting...