Friday, June 25, 2010

messy stuff

6/8 - I felt like I should take a picture today when after cleaning for 4 hours, my house still looked like this!! :( So sad... but I guess that means our house is full of energetic boys and fun, right!? (that's going to be my excuse, anyway!) 6/9 - I grew up in a really small church. One of the things that I valued there was that as a child, there were adults who knew me and cared about what I was up to- they were grandparents of sorts. Being at a big church now, that's one of the things that I've really hoped for our kids. Al & Jane are good friends, and boy does Jane love our boys!! :) (and they love her back!!!) We are so thankful for their family. Boaz looks forward to saying hi to them each Sunday. And Jane has come to the rescue and come over to babysit the boys a couple of times when I had something going on. Here's a sweet picture of her and Cainan. The last time she was over, she brought along her daughter, Leah! Leah had just turned 20 the day before, so we thought we'd help her celebrate by making some cupcakes. Boaz helped me do all the sprinkles. It was a HUGE mess- I wish I had taken pictures! He had a blast helping and really had fun surprising her with her birthday cakes. (although I don't think he kept it much of a surprise!)

This video was taken 5 days after we celebrated with Leah... I thought it was funny that he was still talking about her birthday! :)


6/9- After his nap, Boaz came out with his hair sticking up wildly. I told him his hair looked messy and he immediately ran to the bathroom to try to fix it. I thought these next pictures were funny... a montage of trying to get himself looking good. :)

You can't see it real well, but this is one of his first 'shiners.' He pulled Ozzie's leash out of a drawer and the metal part nailed him under the eye. He had a little bit of a black eye for a few days.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Great blog! Your boys are adorable! The picture of your living room makes me laugh... that is EXACTLY how I feel! As long as my girls are happy, it's alright! And I didn't realize how close in age our kids are! That's awesome!

Jenni Clark