Saturday, June 5, 2010

dinosaurs

5/24 - Boaz has been really into dinosaurs the last couple weeks. I'm not sure how the kick started. Maybe it's because I remember a couple of dinosaur songs from kindergarten (Stegosaurus & Pterodactyl) and sing them to Boaz sometimes. We got online and found some pictures of those two dinosaurs and have been learning a bit about them. Then during our neighborhood garage sales, Boaz used his two quarters to buy a stegosaurus that growls and a pterodactyl. He was pretty excited about them.

The next week our neighbor, Dave, was cleaning out some of his boys' stuff and wondered if Boaz would be interested in a bunch of dinosaurs. Are you kidding?? He brought over this giant tub of them!! I hid them and we've been getting out one at a time. Today was the Tyrannosaurus Rex. I thought it'd be fun to get the dinosaur out and then 'research' online with Boaz to find out more about it. He wasn't so much into the research part, but was very excited about his new TRex! He's slept with him every night.
Cainan is all smiles lately. He went through a few days of a fever, being cranky, and not sleeping well recently, but he seems better now and greets me with a giant grin and a big giggle when I go in to get him up.
Boaz & Cainan continue to become good buddies. Today Boaz did a lot of talking to Cainan, showing him toys, and trying to play with him a bit. Cainan loves it.... but I'm not sure how fond he is of Boaz's wrestling and hugs. Here's a giant tower Luke made out of legos... it stood on its own for quite awhile before a 2 year old knocked it down!The other night, Boaz spent quite awhile talking to his TRex. I know this is a lot of video to watch, but if you want a laugh be sure to check it out. Luke and I were laughing at how he talked to the TRex like it was real. And the conversations he came up with were pretty funny.










1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

I love the new background! really cute and fun :)