9/15- This week was "B week" at our house. Boaz is still enjoying some of his 'preschool' worksheets now and then and is slowly learning to write his letters. B has been a tough one! In July, we were supposed to celebrate Boaz's bear's birthday... however- he went awol and missed out on his big day. So, I told Boaz we'd have his birthday when we got to B week. Today we celebrated Bear's Birthday at a Bakery!! (Cainan's bear got to have a birthday, too)
Boaz singing "Happy Birthday" to his bear.
Cainan tried a Smores cupcake.... Boaz & I had Chocoholic... mmmm!!These cupcakes are seriously addicting... maybe we'll revisit- C is for cupcake, D is for delicious, E is for eating, F is for frosting.... I think this trip could be incorporated every week if we wanted to!! :)
The Birthday Boys... (bears)
It was a pretty chilly day today. Myka got all bundled up for our big trip.
After our cupcakes, we did a bit of walking around Main Street to look for B's on signs & store windows. We stopped in one store, where our friend Jane was working! The boys were excited to see her and tell them about Bear's Birthday.
Then Jane went and made them both a special gift... a B!! (she works at a scrapbooking/framing store)
As we were leaving the store, I got a text from my mom. She wondered if Bear liked hotdogs... and if so, if we'd like to swing over to her place for a birthday lunch? When we got there, we found lunch all ready, complete with a birthday sign for Bear and B's on every napkin! (My mom is so good!)
It's been so fun to have Mom & Dad close enough to us to be able to do last-minute things like this!!
B week was a success... we read books about brains, bones, balloons, etc. It was a fun week for all!
3 comments:
Awww you're such a good mom and so creative. :) The big thing at Jaden's preschool right now is learning to spell his name. What preschool work books are you using at home to practice with letters? I'd like to do more at home, too to go along with what he's doing at preschool.
I think you should find every excuse to go to Scratch! I have been looking for them myself. ;o)
I seriously can't stop drooling over those cupcakes.
Post a Comment