12/18- Tonight Dad put together some new toyshelves a friend delivered for us. Sure wish we had an IKEA around here, but thankful for friends who deliver!! The boys got ahold of the packing foam and decided to make it snow in the livingroom. Luke was busy putting together shelves, and I was busy with Myka & dinner, so we let it happen. Boy was it a mess!! Here they are cleaning up afterward...
This picture does it no justice, but this TV is huge. Seriously huge. It took up half of our livingroom. Okay- not really, but it was super deep and stuck out from the wall a long way. This is the biggest tube TV they made.
It weighs about 300 pounds. Took 3 guys to lift it into Luke's vehicle. Luke's brother bought it really cheap.
12/20- Our morning routine lately has been to get up and watch a show while we all wake up. I tried to alter the routine today, but they wouldn't have it. So we broke out the computer to watch our morning show together.
We played 'nativity' today. Boaz was a shepherd.
The boys were excited to find out that Santa had sent them a video message this morning!! Portable North Pole sent them each a message- Santa checked their files to see if they'd been naughty or nice. It was so fun to watch them watch these videos.
The videos came complete with pictures of them, comments about their year, etc. It was pretty neat. Here are the two videos of them watching their messages from Santa. These movies are long... word of warning.... but I wanted to be sure to remember this.
12/21- A LONG awaited day!!! I always have back & neck issues. They stem from my drumline days in college. Both of the mattresses that we've ever owned came from a guy on the far side of town who opens up his garage door to show you his inventory. :) They were cheap and served their purpose for awhile, but I've complained that our mattress was doing some severe damage for a couple of years. Well... Luke finally got a backache a few weeks ago and decided we're getting a new mattress!!! Today it arrived and we're THRILLED! It's a beast. We decided to get a king and it sits super high in the air.
The boys love the new bed, too!! We have been sleeping SO WELL on this thing. It's amazing. And my mom & dad gave us new sheets for an early Christmas gift. I never have splurged on a high thread count, but will never go back. It's amazing how much nicer those sheets feel! I've always looked forward to crawling in bed at night- now I really can't wait!! 12/22- The boys snuggled up to watch a show before naps today. I love moments when they can be this close to each other without being in a fight!! :) They are quite the little buddies.
My little happy girl. Myka continues to be a smiley happy little baby.
She really likes her swing!!
1 comment:
I agree! Once we got a king, I pout when we have to share a quenn at hotels :) ENJOY!!!
And if you ever want nice flannel sheets... Black Friday at Kohls, $20 for all size beds! I see them every year there :)
Post a Comment