Sunday, January 8, 2012

pizza and preparations

12/13- Another couch breakfast this morning. Today Cainan wanted to sit nice and close to Boaz.
And he didn't want his picture taken.  :)
We had a Deal Garden coupon for a $2 pizza, so we took the family out on the town tonight.  This pizza place is super cool- TVs at your table and paper to draw on!  I'd only been there once before (with mom b/c she had a coupon!) and this was Luke's first time here.  We may have to head back!
Boaz drew a nice rainbow.  His drawings are actually starting to look like things!
Cainan scribbled, but was mosly interested in the Hawkeyes on TV!!  It wasn't really the Hawkeyes.  Any football team, or football for that matter, is called 'Hawkeyes.' 
Myka helped Dad with the menu. 
And enjoyed some of her toys. 
The waitress even brough the boys some crackers before the food came!  (sign of a great waitress!)  And some of our good friends ended up at the table right behind us... their son was born the day before Myka so it was fun to catch up with them a bit.  We left the restaurant a bit wiped out.  We're learning that if Cainan isn't strapped in to a booster chair, we're in trouble.  The kid just can't keep still and wants to explore the world.  Before the pizza came, I got up and talked to our friends a bit and let Cainan walk around by me.  Within seconds he'd disappeared down a hallway to the back of the restaurant.  We were putting our coats on and saying goodbye- and all of a sudden he was clear across the restaurant at the front door- ready to go out to the street.  Whew!  He keeps us on our toes!! 
12/14- Let the Christmas baking begin!  I'm making baskets for Luke's company Christmas party- for all his managers and guests to take home.  Last year I let the boys help sprinkle these pretzel rods.  This year I did them after they went to bed.  Shame on me, but it was so much easier!!!    :)
I did let Cainan help with some gingersnap cookies while Boaz was at AWANA.  He was the sugar dumper.  I got a recipe from a neighbor who brought these fabulous cookies to a party we had.  However, I think she lied about her recipe.  They didn't turn out anything like hers.  So- I only ended up making one batch and it saved me tons of time baking!  I guess it was a blessing in disguise.
I love watching Cainan do projects.  He's so methodical and precise. 

1 comment:

JAH said...

Ha! I am laughing about your cookie making. Been there, done that with the pretzel rods!