2/18- Today is our neighbor friend's birthday! Gretchen asked me if I'd make Reagan's cake this year- and I happily agreed. I enjoy the artsy challenge once in awhile. The theme was Panthers.... here's the finished product! (turned out pretty cute)
I told Luke I was so frustrated... the panther turned out great, but the simple lettering and paw prints were what I ended up disliking! Need some practice on that.
Reagan had no idea, but TC (the panther mascot) was invited to her party!! I told the boys to watch out the window and we saw him drive up to Reagan's house!! They were so excited... they were squealing to see TC in our neighborhood!
My Panther fans ready to go see TC.
Cainan was a bit apprehensive about this whole deal. But Boaz went right up and gave TC a big hug.
Boaz & TC
A family picture... Cainan covered his eyes most of the 15 minutes we were over there.
TC gave the birthday girl a fun package of UNI things. And then he shared the packets with all the kids!! Cainan wouldn't go up and get his, so TC slid it across the room to him.
TC & Reagan. TC's helper took the time to find me and tell me that my Panther cake was 'legit.' :) He said he'd seen a lot of attempts and mine was the best. I felt good about that!! Luke and Cainan started walking home while I helped Boaz finish getting his shoes on. About halfway home, Cainan started crying because he didn't get to give TC a five.
TC had just jumped in the car, but I asked the helper if there was any way TC could give Cainan a highfive through the window or something. TC did even better and got out of the car to say hello to Cainan.
TC gave Cainan a 'pound it' and Cainan was satisfied. Whew! Since then, Cainan talks about how he didn't give TC a hug, but next time he's going to.
2 comments:
Okay... you knew I would leave a comment, right?? ;) I LOVE that cake!! I'm going to be keeping you in mind for the future... :)
Love the cake! You are so talented!
Post a Comment