Friday, April 20, 2012

more march

3/16-  Another snack outside this morning.  Seriously... you'd think we just eat snacks all the time!  I feel like we do, actually.  I can not keep Cainan fed enough.  He's hungry 30 minutes after you feed him.  It's unreal... and he's two!   :)  Can't wait for those teen years!
3/17-  We met Katie and cousins at the theatre this morning for another movie matinee.  The boys were excited to see the Chipmunks on the big screen.  It was a fun way to spend the morning. 
This afternoon Boaz and Cainan made a Pizza Ranch in our living room.  They took it very very seriously.  They thought through where the customers would come in, set up a buffet, figured out how much to pay, etc.  Dad was their first (and only) customer this evening. 
He was served very well. 
I was the drink lady... at the drink station.  Boaz made me hang a sign there so everyone would know. 
Ice cream for dessert. 
And a doughnut from Cainan. 
Dad gave them a real money tip for their great service.   :)  And they asked if they could leave the Pizza Ranch up until tomorrow in case any other visitors wanted to come. 
3/21-  Cainan likes to 'play' games.  Mostly he likes to get games out and make messes.  But today Dad taught him how to play Jenga for real!  He was so excited.  And our little focused guy really enjoyed it.  He did a pretty good job for a two year old!
This is the perfect game for our detailed organized little man.  He already enjoys lining things up straight and building things high.  He also loves to yell.  I told him he had to yell 'Jenga!!' when the tower fell.  That was super fun, too.    I see many hours of Jenga in our future!
When Boaz is at Awana on Wednesday nights, I'll often use the hour to go get groceries or run a couple errands.  Tonight I didn't have anything I really needed to do so we thought it'd be fun for Dad to take Cainan out on a date night while Boaz was gone.  Cainan had a BLAST and felt pretty special!  They went to the mall, walked around Scheels and looked at all the balls, threw a coin in the fountain, got a smoothie, and rode this ride!  (Luke said he was scared of the worm in here!)   It's so good for him to get a little time to himself now and then.  Great work, Daddy!!


No comments: