Monday, April 23, 2012

writing and letters

3/29-  This morning I just needed some space.  I really needed to tackle the kitchen for a few minutes, so I gave the boys each a magazine and a pen, then sent them out to the living room to circle all the things they thought looked cool.  It worked!!
They even circled presents for mom, dad, and other family members.  It kept them entertained for quite awhile!
3/31-  We had some toaster waffles for breakfast today.  Recently, I've been giving them a few additional things to decorate their waffles with before they eat.  I always like to see their creations.  Cainan is typically neat and orderly. 
Boaz is always creative.  Today he made Animal from the muppets. 
And Myka's just content with her banana. 
Cainan made this hiding tunnel all by himself today. 
And I made this big "W" on the floor!!  I'm sure any parent will agree that whining is the worst!  Today I decided to change things up and anytime I heard a boy whine, they had to go sit/stand on the W and wait until the timer went off.  Then they could stop the timer and try again.  The change in routine worked... they were most excited about trying to catch mom & dad whining.  Luckily I do most of my whining under my breath.  :)
We spent a long time at the table today making signs.  Boaz wanted to write big words and learn some new letters. 
His sign said raspberry, strawberry, broccoli.   He was making a grocery store. 
Cainan enjoyed his writing, too.  I just love everyday life with these kids!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

i love the "W" idea :) how funny!